Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
Toss blueberries with 2 tablespoons of flour. Set aside.
Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In mixer beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
Beat in butter and milk.
Add eggs one at a time, beating after each egg.
Add flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
Fold in blueberries.
Fill paper-lined muffin tins about 2/3's full.
Bake in 400 degree preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
Makes about 16 regular muffins.
Hot out of the oven