A classic Southern sheet cake. It is a decadent dessert yet simple to make.
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 recipe chocolate frosting
Remove from heat and stir in sugar.
Add eggs and mix well.
Add flour, salt and vanilla, stirring well.
Pour into a greased and floured 13"x 9"x 2" pan.
Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Test after 30 minutes for doneness.
As soon as cake is removed from oven, sprinkle top with marshmallows.
Spread with chocolate frosting.
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 pound confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine, soften
- 1/2 cup milk
Top cake with marshmallows directly out of the oven.
Spread frosting over marshmallows. Cool completely before serving.
Luscious chocolate, crunchy pecan, and gooey marshmallows