- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, in its own juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crushed buttery round crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
In medium bowl mix sugar and flour.
Add water to reserved juice to make 2/3 cup.
Stir juice into sugar mixture until smooth.
Add pineapple and cheese.
Pour into a greased 1 quart casserole dish.
Mix crushed crackers and butter.
Sprinkle on top of casserole.
Bake in pre-heated 350-degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until top is golden brown.